We have officially made it to 2018! First I would like to say congratulations for making it another year. Although this series has been all about setting goals for the next year, remember the most important thing you can do in 2018 is be fully present in every moment.
Now its time to discuss the final part of the Design Your Life Series, its all about setting goals that are relevant and realistic for you.
If you have followed along in the series, you should have a map or picture of where you want to go next in your life. So at this point setting the actual goals should be fairly easy because you have an outline to work with.
In order to set the right goals for you, revisit the previous parts of the series, review the bigger picture of what you want and list out your goals for the year according to that.
Some questions you can ask to help with setting your goals include: What are the things I have to do for 2018 to be a successful year? What are the most important things I would like to accomplish this year? What are 1 or 2 things I’ve always wanted to do, but have not made a priority?
Some tips for setting goals:
- Be realistic
- Set goals that make you excited
- Think less is more, try not to set too many large goals for the year. A goal can be as simple as calling a loved one once a week.
- Make as many time sensitive goals as possible, it helps with accountability
- Remember, time flies
- Set at least one goal for every area of your life
- Try not to over extend yourself
- Set checkpoints throughout the year to keep you accountable and make adjustments as necessary
- Have your goals written somewhere that you can access easily (journal, cell phone, etc)
- Don’t be hard on yourself, as important as having goals are, it is just as important to remember we have limited control over what happens. If you don’t accomplish something, don’t beat yourself up about it, just keep swimming.
I hope you all enjoyed this series and are looking forward to more on the blog! I have so many ideas that I’m excited to share with you all!
Happy New Year!!!